The TTU Solar Racing Team is looking for members for it's Public Relations Team, as well as a new Electrical Team Officer to lead the Electrical Team.
Those interested in the Public Relations Team should be comfortable with:
All students are welcome to join! Gain PR experience that looks great on resumes, as well as earn experience that helps you tomorrow. Please contact email@example.com for further questions.
- Designing advertisements
- Organizing events on campus
- Writing announcements for the team
- Negotiating sponsorships with corporate entities
The Solar Racing Team is seeking an Electrical Team Lead for the spring semester. We will be racing our vehicle in the American Solar Challenge July 5th-22nd from Rochester, NY to St. Paul, MN.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student preferred
- Hands-on experience preferred
- Wiring schematic experience preferred
- General knowledge of engineering related to vehicle design
- Time management skills
- Group management skills
- Must be able to devote at least 5 hours a week
There are no dues; the only requirement to be a member of the team is attendance.
- General management of the members that make up the electrical team
- General management of the work-space at Reese Technology Center
- Oversee the design of any component yet to be designed
- Oversee the remainder of the fabrication of the electrical aspects of the vehicle
- Oversee the remaining composition and submission of the required Electrical Report which documents the design of our vehicle
- Run the weekly Electrical meeting at Reese Technology Center and take attendance
- Attend a weekly officer meeting
- Leadership experience in a real-world engineering project; great for your resume
- Networking opportunities with engineering companies
- (optional) Hands on experience in several areas of electrical engineering; also great for your resume
- (optional) Travel expenses covered for the 2 week race in the summer
If you are interested in this position, please contact the president at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. You will need to be brought up to speed on the team's progress, what we have left to do, and the deadlines they need to be done by. For more information about the race or the team visit americansolarchallenge.org and solarcar.ttu.edu.
This announcement is represented by a registered student organization.